3CX today announced that it has released 3CX Gateway for Skype, which allows VoIP Phone System users to receive and make SKYPE™ Calls company-wide.
3CX Gateway for Skype is software based and will run on a non dedicated Windows System and on the same computer as 3CX Phone System. It is a free add-on for 3CX Phone System users, including those using the free edition. 3CX Gateway for Skype integrates Skype™ calls seamlessly into the phone system, allowing inbound Skype™calls to be forwarded to call queues, ring groups, IVR, Voice applications and more.
“3CX Gateway for Skype allows companies to save significantly by using Skype for outbound calls. More-over, users can redirect calls to Skype™ numbers when out of the office and leverage Skype clients on iPhone and Windows mobile.” Said Nick Galea, 3CX CEO.
“A Skype™ account can also be published on the website so that customers can call the company free of charge. Skype™ calls will be channeled through the company phone system just as any other call and be forwarded to regular call queues. This can be significant competitive advantage for many web based businesses” continued Nick Galea.
- Completely software based, no need for a separate box
- Full support for inbound and outbound Skype™ calling
- Ability to specify a master account, which will transfer incoming
- Calls to other Skype accounts and so keep the main Skype account free for calls
- Supports latest versions of Skype™ client
- Quickly add additional Skype accounts from the 3CX interface
- Shows credit available for each Skype account
- Automatic call logging
Obtaining 3CX Gateway for Skype